Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Anthony Burger Tribute Page

Anthony Burger

June 5, 1961 - Feb. 22,2006

Anthony Burger's story is amazing. At eight months old he fell onto a floor furnace while learning to walk using a walker. He had to be carried around for about a year I believe on pillows as well as 2 or 3 medicated baths every day for a good while. The doctors told his parents that he would never use his hands. The burns on his face, hands, and legs I believe, were third degree burns. Serious business. Anthony Burger started playing the piano at the age of three. And at the age of five he was accepted into a very prestegious(Cadek Music Conservatory at Chattanooga?) school of music in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He was the youngest ever at that time to be accepted there. On the night of his first recital(age 6) it did not go so well. As he put it, "It was the worst night of my life!". He joined the Kingsmen Quartet when he was just sixteen. He won the Singing News Fan Award for Favorite Pianist for ten years in a row. I believe that was 1980-1989. After that, I believe they asked him to retire from that contest and let the award be named after him so, as I heard it said, "so someone else can win the award in your life time". That's what I heard. Hehe! I saw him in person two or three times over the years. He was a nice guy. I really believe that he loved the Lord he played for and about. He then went on to play for The Gaither Vocal Band, The Gaither Trio, and the Gaither Homecoming concerts. He will definitely be missed. God, Bless and comfort his family and friends. Go toAnthony's website for more info on his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment